Friday 3 July 2020

Unsettled


Unsettled – Advent Truth
"But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind." - James 1:6

As I read these words from James I am trying to work out if I am doubting the Lord in these uncertain times and I would have to say.... 'not really.' I am stumped in terms of what the future holds, but I don't believe I am doubting God's grace and love in the midst of this storm.

However, if I am being honest I must admit that I am feeling very unsettled. And James is so right when he says that being unsettled makes you feel like a wave of the sea, tossed about and blown everywhere by the wind. This is the time when we need to allow our stability to be found in the person of Jesus and not in our circumstances. Seasons will come and go, but the Love of God remains firm and secure.

The other thing about feeling unsettled is that it makes us start to become very miserable and our actions can easily hurt other people. We need to be on our guard against allowing our feelings to spill over into the lves of those we love.

“An unsettled person will constantly rant about inconsequential things” - Charmaine J Forde

Prayer: Lord, even though I am feeling unsettled in these turbulent times, teach me to place my trust and hope in you. You are the only stable Factor in my life at this time. Amen.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: