Thursday 9 July 2020

Approaching storm

Approaching Storm | Tony Corso Images
As I write todays blogpost we are expecting a massive storm to hit the Cape any moment. The weather has already changed and we are bracing ourselves for heavy winds, driving rain and even snow on the mountains.

All of this got me thinking about the storms we face in our lives and how different they would be if we had a little forewarning before they arrived. Take for example any of the storms you have faced in your life and imagine if you had been given a "storm report" beforehand. Would this have made a differnce for you? I think it would have made a huge difference for most of us. But, sadly we are not granted that privilege.

Of course, Jesus did give us some warning about the troubles we would face, but I guess we have short memories or perhaps we never thought the storms would effect us.

John 16:33 - I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Proverbs 10:25 -When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, but the godly have a lasting foundation.

May God guide you through the storms you may face.

For those who had trouble watching the video yesterday please click on this link and hopefully it works :)


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: