Tuesday 28 July 2020

Pushing through the blah days

                                           Pushing through the Process
We all have them don't we? Those days where everything just feels blah! It is like a blue Monday that carries on until Tuesday or even Wednesday. I am sure you can all relate to these kind of days?
So, what do you do when this happens?
Well, the one thing that running has taught me is just to keep going? If runners had to wait for the "perfect feelings" to kick in before we put on our trainers, we would probably only run once a week! However, we have to learn to push through the 'blah' feelings and get onto the road.

I know it is a huge clique, but often putting one foot in front of the next is the simpliest solution to getting your training run done. And I feel this lesson is vital for us in our spiritual and emotional lives too. We may not feel up to the challenges of work or studies or retirement at the moment, but we need to ask God to help us push through the 'blah' barrier. We do this with a great degree of hope that tomorrow will be better and often it is.

God guides us through the dips in our lives, so that when we reach the mountain tops we can see how far God has carried us.

James 1:12 - "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

P.S. My post today is not meant to ignore the fact that some of us struggle with depression and so we should be encouraged to seek the right treatment for this. I must make it clear that there is a huge gulf between having a 'blue Monday' to struggling with depression. If you are having mental health struggles at this time please seek appropiate help. God bless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have my share of blue days. I try to remind myself that anyone can cope with just about anything when they are feeling good. The real measure of a person is what they can cope with when they are not feeling so great. During those times when I feel I would just like to let go and to heck with everything, I ask God to give me the courage and the will to hold on just a little bit longer.
The tide goes out, but it always comes back.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks so much for sharing. God bless you.