Monday 22 June 2009

Let me help you with that!


I am spending a few precious moments with Joshua this morning - the rest of the family is either at work or at school. So, we were just chilling out when he waddles over to my laptop bag in the corner of the room. In his 15 month-old mind he wants to pick it and move it somewhere, but as much as he tries he just can't pick it up. Admittedly, the bag is heavier than normal as it holds a few books as well as my computer, but even still, Josh has no chance of taking it anywhere. I move over to him and help him to pick it up and then we move it to 'safety' (i.e. away from tiny hands).
Just then, this is what I felt God whisper to me - 'Delme, you are the small child and I am your Heavenly Father. Let me help you with that!' Oh wow, I thought - such a simple thing, but boy do I need reminding of that truth.

Thank you God, for your providence and care. You carry me (and my baggage) when I couldn't even move it if I tried. Your Grace is enough for me.

"The eternal God is your refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms" - Deuteronomy 33:27

Swimming in pools of Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: