Thursday 4 June 2009

God's Will

Yesterday we took some of the gap year students from the Church (Lifesong) on a day's reflection. They have been spending the first 5 months of this year serving God in various ways and they will soon be contemplating their next step in God's plan for their lives. This got me thinking again about the 'will of God' and how we need to base our decisions around His Will. Now this is not an easy task, as we really have to grapple with the concept of what His will truly is.

I am not going to try and unpack an age-old dilemma, but I do want to share two quotes with you. Perhaps these will help us all to have a clear image of this complex term 'God's Will.'

Gary Kieswetter - "The will of God is found in his Word. When his Word unfolds, his will is made known to us. The more we do his will, the more we want to remain in his Word."

George MacDonald - "I find that doing the will of God leaves me no time for disputing about his plans."

Without going into too much argument, I feel that a starting point in understanding God's will for my life is found in the verses from John 13:34-35 -
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Be Blessed my friends and stay connected to the Source of all LOVE.
Living in His grace,
D3LM3

No comments: