Sunday 5 July 2020

Complaining

One Of The Few Things I Complain About: Complaining
I am finding it so hard during this time of lockdown to remain focused on the good things that are out there and not let the negative change my mind-set. When I catch myself complaining I try to get a handle on it and rather try to count my blessings instead. I am not sure if you are better at it than I am, but it is worth reflecting on. Some of the things I complain about are not really major issues in the big scheme of things I guess.

I used to give the Israelites a tough time for being so grumpy when they were in the desert, but on reading through Exodus again, I have come to understand why they were complaining. They felt as if God had led them from one bad situation into another. Complaing about no water and no food is a really big deal and none of us would be excluded from doing the same thing.

Exodus 16:7 - In the morning you will see the glory of the Lord, because he has heard your complaints, which are against him, not against us. What have we done that you should complain about us?”

As we start a new week, let us resolve to do a few things:
1. Refrain from complaining about trivial matters
2. Give thanks for our many blessings
3. Help those in need.

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” Maya Angelou

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: