Wednesday 22 July 2020

God is present - part 1

Always, everywhere God is present. [Daystar.com] | Christian ...
Howard Thurman wrote a delightful piece on the presence of God during times of difficulty. What I love about this short devotion is that it is so real and honest - I can relate to so much of what he says. His thoughts are not just a theory, but things he has grappled with and lived through himself.
As you read these words today, may you feel the presence of God with you.

(I am going to post his thoughts over 2 days as they are really good and I feel that we may lose the greater impact in trying to squeeze a long paragraph into one days worth of devotion. The line that stands out for me today is highlighted in bold. Which line is your 'take away' line?

"God is present with me this day.
God is present with me in the midst of my anxieties.
I affirm in my own heart and mind the reality of His presence.
He makes immediately available to me the strength of His goodness,
the reassurance of His wisdom and the heartiness of His courage.
My anxieties are real; they are the result of a wide variety of experiences,
some of which I understand, some of which I do not understand."

Psalm 46:1 - "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Psalm 14:5 - "But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: