Tuesday 29 December 2020

Letting go


For me, New Year is always a moment to reset my spiritual attitude and heart. I don't believe that the world around me is going to change in anyway (sadly), but there is something in the changing year that brings a degree of optimism and hope. I am not sure how it is for you?

On some level there is the hope that all the negative events, sad moments and tough times will be shelved into the archives, or at least pushed further back into our memories. There is also the longing for something new, fresh and dynamic, that will launch us into the possibilities of the next 365 days.

On a spiritual level, it also reminds me of my own journey with Christ. That there was a moment, when I chose to let go of my past and embrace the future with Jesus. The old has gone and the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17) Of course this doesn't happen over-night, but it does bring me joy to remember that I am no longer my own, but am 'in Christ.'

I pray that you will have a blessed 2021 and that whatever happens we would keep our eyes on Jesus.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: