Friday 1 March 2019

Commit yourself to what?

 Image result for commitment to
Should I commit to this project or this great cause?
Should I put my energy and efforts into helping the needy or speaking to people about the Bible?
Should I commit myself to my family, to the church, to my chosen sport?
What should I commit myself too? There is so little time and so many good choices.

Ian Thomas, in his book The Saving Life of Christ gives us a little insight into the question.

"You are not called upon to commit yourself to a need, or to a task, or to a field; you are called upon to commit yourself to God!"

So the answer lies in the first step, and then the others flow from that one decision. If I choose to commit yourself first to God, then my priorities, desires, gifts and other tasks will flow from this first commitment. Does that make sense?

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: