Sunday 3 March 2019

Why I am afraid to be myself!

Image result for Be yourself
"People fail to be themselves because it is easier to be somebody else and because they can copy somebody else's success rather than risk their own failure." - Abbot Christopher Jamison

This quote is spot on in so many ways. The reason we want to be like someone else, is because we don't believe people will like the real me. We are skewed in our thinking, because we believe that the 'real me' is not good enough for the world. We assume that because someone else has got the stamp of approval, that we should just copy them and we will also be accepted. But, in doing this we deny who we are and all the gifts God has given to us.

So, all I want to say is this - "be yourself!"
God already knows your most innermost thoughts and your inner being. God has loved you from the moment of your conception and God is desperate for you to love yourself. After all, how can we expect to obey Jesus commandment if we can't love ourselves. Remember Jesus said this:

"Love your neighbour as you love yourself."

I can't fully love you, if I don't love myself.

1 Peter 3:4Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight

#justthinking #beyourself #beoriginal

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: