Monday 4 March 2019

Indelible Ink

Related image
The word "Indelible" is often used in the context of writing and means - "what has been written cannot be forgotten or erased". I guess it could also refer to tattoos and how they leave a permanent story on your body.

I had the pleasure of stumbling upon a book in the local library entitled "Indelible Ink" (by Scott Larsen) and it has an interesting take on Faith and Influence. Scott Larsen asked a number of prominent Christians to reflect on the 3 books that had influenced their Christian lives the most.

Reading the insights of these well known Christian leaders was fascinating. One of the things I realised is how God used the written word to impact the lives of every one of these people. It was as if God intentional brought a special book across their paths, so that it would bring them closer to faith.

If we had to ask ourselves a similar question, how would we respond? Has their been a influential book in your Christian experience (apart from the Bible). What was it about this book that shaped your relationship with Christ?

I suppose I can't ask you the question without answering it myself; so here are my 3 books (although it was tough to decide on just 3).

The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis
What's so Amazing about Grace, Philip Yancey
Ordering your Private World, Gordon MacDonald


Even as I list these 3 I find that there are another 10 that come to mind, but I will stick with these for today. Perhaps my list will be different tomorrow :)

Grace and Peace
Living in Grace
D3LM3

Exodus 32:33 - God said to Moses, “I’ll only erase from my book those who sin against me. For right now, you go and lead the people to where I told you. Look, my Angel is going ahead of you.


No comments: