Thursday 8 March 2018

24 - Eating Honey

I love Honey! It tastes amazing. So you can understand why I love the words of Solomon in Proverbs 24, where he encourages us all to eat honey. What brilliant advice...

"My child, eat honey, for it is good,
    and the honeycomb is sweet to the taste.

In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul.
    If you find it, you will have a bright future,
    and your hopes will not be cut short." - 13-14


In a way Solomon likens the healthy aspect of honey to the future of our souls. He suggests that wisdom is like honey for us - it makes our future's bright and gives us renewed hope.

Thought: If you have some honey in your cupboard then take a spoonful and eat it today. As you savour the taste ask yourself, "Am I applying wisdom to my life?" "What do I need to do in order to gain wisdom?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

 

No comments: