Friday 16 March 2018

16 - Saint Patricks Day

I am taking the liberty of skipping a few days in our countdown to Easter, just for the sake of St. Patricks Day. It seemed too good an opportunity to miss, especially as Patrick was such a key figure in the life of the Christian faith, most evident in his Irish Legacy. His blessings and quotes are many, but I am leaving us with two today. As we read them, may we also bless others with the same sentiments:

"He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses more; He who loses faith, loses all."

 "I bind unto myself today
The power of God to hold and lead,
His eye to watch, His might to stay,
His ear to hearken to my need.
The wisdom of my God to teach,
His hand to guide, His shield to ward;
The word of God to give me speech,
His heavenly host to be my guard."

And of course our Scripture comes from Psalm 16, which also speaks of BLESSING.


Psalm 16:7-8
"I will bless the Lord who guides me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.

I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me."


Be Blessed.
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: