Monday 28 July 2014

What is your Anchor?

I have long been fascinated by this verse from Acts 27 and so when it came up in our preaching series this week, I enjoyed reflecting on it again.



Acts 27:29Fearing that we would be dashed against the rocks, they dropped four anchors from the stern and prayed for daylight.”

This event took place when Paul was on board a cargo ship to Rome. A storm came up and threatened to wreck the boat. Even though Paul was being held as a prisoner, he still encouraged them to drop 4 anchors into the water, desperately hoping they would survive. 

In the end, they all lived to tell the tale, but it got me thinking about my own life. When the storms hit us without warning, what anchors do we have in place, that we can use to keep us secure? Do we have faith in God, our refuge and rock, to get us through the worst of the storm?

I shared my 4 "Anchors" with the congregation yesterday, but I would love to hear what your Anchors may be? If you have 1 minute please drop me a comment/email with your thoughts. Thanks.

May God hold you secure this week and always.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: