Sunday 6 July 2014

Experiencing peace

It seems that 'peace' is illusive for many of us, but perhaps it could be that we misunderstand that peace means the absence of trials. No matter how much we try to avoid trouble and difficult situations, they will always come our way. It is not that we are magnets for difficulties, it is just how life is. However, someone once wrote:

"Peace that Jesus gives is not the absence of trouble, but is rather the confidence that He is there with you always" -Source Unknown.

I like this. It is a promise that even when we go through the times of trouble we can still experience peace. So, that is my prayer for you today - that you would know God's peace in your heart and mind, despite what is happening around you.

John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: