Tuesday 15 July 2014

Look up

Life can often grab us by the scruff of the neck and get us so consumed with issues that we don't see things clearly. In the haze of it all, we lose hope and feel that our prayers are bouncing off the walls. Can you relate to any of this?

Well, a while ago, I was feeling a little bit like this, but then I felt as if I got a message from God. It was  during a time of group prayer when I heard the words, 'Look Up.' I can't remember what the context of the other people's prayers were, but I certainly heard these 2 words.... Look up. I felt as if the Spirit was whispering to me, "Delme, don't forget to look up to me. I have you in my sights and I can help you." Needless to say, I felt relieved and blessed - God is present with me!

Now, I know that some of you theologians out there will be quick to remind me that God is not living "Up there" - for after all, God is Omnipresent - and you would be correct. However, in that moment, what I needed most was to 'Look Up!' My vision on the ground had become to blurry and out of focus.

So, I offer you two words today:
LOOK UP!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: