Tuesday 29 July 2014

How will they know? The fun of Traffic fines.

I thought I was being a model citizen today. I went to the office of the Mzunduzi Traffic Fines, just to check if I owed any outstanding fines. Of course, I thought I owed nothing, but I just wanted to make sure. So, you can imagine my shock when the kind gentleman at the counter showed me a print out of my outstanding fines (yes, that is a plural!).

After I got over the initial shock, I ask him why I had never received these in the mail. His reply was candid - "Well, perhaps the postman lost them on the way!"
Knowing that this could be true, I then asked him, "How was I supposed to know that I owed anything? Who was going to tell me?"
The shrug of the shoulders said enough and so I walked out the office feeling poorer and frustrated.

But, here is my spiritual reflection on this:
How will others know about the grace of Jesus, unless we tell them. They will not just 'guess' or 'surmise' that God loves them. We need to tell them. And just in case the message gets lost along the way, we need to send a reminder. We need to keep reminding people that God desires to be in relationship with us all and that God is not the enemy. Some people won't get the message after the first try - they need to be told again and again. So, if you have a friend or family member who doesn't want to 'hear' the message, don't give up. Keep sending the message... Jesus loves you.

 Romans 10:14-15 - "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: