Monday 21 July 2014

Coping through change

A lot can change in a short space of time. One day things may be going along fine and the next your whole world can be turned upside down. This can happen in both a positive and a negative sense - good news and bad news can both surprise us, I guess.

As we contemplate today and the future, we can never predict what will happen, but we can be assured of God's presence with us... no matter what. I shared a few verses from Hebrews with the pupils from Maritzburg College this morning, reminding them of this truth. When we place our lives in the hands of Jesus, he promises to be with us.

Hebrews 13:5b-6
"For God has said,
“I will never fail you.
    I will never abandon you.”

So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
    so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?”

If you are going through a time of change at the moment, why don't you allow these verses to become a prayer for you. When the Lord is near to us change doesn't have to be so scary.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: