“Heard in full sound, the Gospels tell about the establishment of a theocracy, and portray what theocracy looks like with Jesus as king.” - N. T. Wright
When we read through the Gospels we should hear the message of God in Surround Sound. It should speak 'loud and clear' to us of a different Kingdom - a new world and new Hope. So, in the light of the above quote, why don't you chew on these thoughts today:
1. A Theocracy is "a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god."
2. I am not sure that 'priests' (including myself in this) would do the best job at ruling nations. Certainly the history of Israel shows us that there were a few exceptions, but there were plenty of failures.
3. On the other hand, I don't think Priests would do 'worse' than present day Politicians! Maybe....maybe not?!
4. Theocracy at its ideal would find Christ as King.
5. This Kingdom would be like no other we have even seen. Oh how we long for this 'New Jerusalem.'
[ The New Heaven and the New Earth ] Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them..
Living in Grace