Thursday 29 November 2018

Looking to the Finger Posts

 
"Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement." - Charles F. Kettering

Okay, I am going to admit something - I had to google what 'finger posts' are? I know it is terrible of me, but I was a little confused and so I needed to figure it out. I know 'finger posts' as 'sign posts' or 'guide posts', but in essence they are the same thing. Technically a finger post has a few signs (fingers) on the same post and these all point in a different direction - they are usually seen in the UK and Ireland.

Anyway, I am getting distracted. My point relates to the initial quote from Kettering. He makes the observation that any 'failure' we experience is really just a way of pointing us in the right direction. If we believe that God is our GUIDE and that God will lead us where we need to go, then our failures are not fatal and God will still get us home.

I hope this offers you some hope today. Follow the finger posts and see where God is leading you.

Genesis 24:49 - Now if you will show kindness and faithfulness to my master, tell me; and if not, tell me, so I may know which way to turn.”


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: