Wednesday 21 November 2018

My old clothes

Image result for worn out clothes
I have been known to hang onto some of my old clothing until it can't be "saved" anymore. Call me sentimental or just attached to my comfortable clothes, but I don't like throwing these things away. However, there comes a time, when even I have to relent and send my clothes on their merry way. It may take many, many years before this happens, but it ALWAYS happens in the end. 

So, why am I telling you this? Well, because it comes up in the book of Hebrews. The writer recalls a passage from Psalm 102, where the Israelites acknowledged that just as clothes wear out, so the world will also wear out and come to an end.

"You, Master, started it all, laid earth’s foundations,
    then crafted the stars in the sky.
Earth and sky will wear out, but not you;
    they become threadbare like an old coat;
You’ll fold them up like a worn-out cloak,
    and lay them away on the shelf.
But you’ll stay the same, year after year;
    you’ll never fade, you’ll never wear out." - Hebrews 1:12 (Message)

The Good News in this verse lies in the final words, where we are reminded that even though things fade away, Jesus Christ stays the same forever - He will never end.


"You will roll them up like a robe (coat);
    like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end." - Hebrews 1:12

Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: