Tuesday 27 November 2018

What are you Restless about?

 Image result for restlessness

Restlessness can be a good thing.
(Of course, it can equally be a debilitating ache that drains all emotional energy from our lives.) However, today, I want to focus on the positive aspect of becoming RESTLESS. When we discover that we are feeling restless about something it can drive us towards action. Take a look at Psalm 132 and note David's restlessness and the language he uses to respond to his feelings:



Psalm 132.
He swore an oath to the Lord,
    he made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:
“I will not enter my house
    or go to my bed,
I will allow no sleep to my eyes
    or slumber to my eyelids,
till I find a place for the Lord,
    a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.”


He was restless because the Ark of the Covenant had no 'home'. David had built himself a beautiful palace, but he realised he had neglected to provide for the Lord and the Ark. His restlessness lead to him acting and starting to build the Temple.

What is making you restless today? Can you do something about it?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: