Wednesday 31 March 2021

I am thirsty

 


"Jesus knew that his mission was now finished, and to fulfill Scripture he said, I am thirsty.” - John 19:28.

Have you ever wondered which Scripture Jesus was fulfilling in speaking these 3 words? Well, today is your lucky today. If we go back to Psalm 69:19-21, we will find an interesting reference. This is what it says:

"You know of my shame, scorn, and disgrace.
    You see all that my enemies are doing.
20 Their insults have broken my heart,
    and I am in despair.
If only one person would show some pity;
    if only one would turn and comfort me.
21 But instead, they give me poison (gall) for food;
    they offer me sour wine for my thirst." - Psalm 69

I find this amazing. Not only is this a fulfillment of an ancient Psalm, but it also draws our attention to out own spiritual thirst. Jesus is the one who can satisfy this thirst in our hearts.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: