Tuesday 23 March 2021

Immeasurable



Every so often I stumble across a verse that really leaves me astounded at the love God has for us. This last week, while reading Jeremiah 31, I ended up reading a little further into the set reading. I came to these 2 verses and I offer them to us today:

“I am as likely to reject my people Israel
    as I am to abolish the laws of nature!”
This is what the Lord says:
“Just as the heavens cannot be measured
    and the foundations of the earth cannot be explored,
so I will not consider casting them away
    for the evil they have done.
    I, the Lord, have spoken!”Jeremiah 31:36-37

I am awe-struck by God's choice to love humanity despite our failings and shortcomings. I am humbled by the Lord's commitment to me. And Jeremiah makes it sound even more convincing when he argues that God would rather suspend/abolish the laws of nature before he stopped loving us. That is such a beautiful gift for us in the our season of Lent.

What do you make of God's immeasurable love for you?

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: