Saturday 13 June 2020

What about tomorrow?

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. - Leo Buscaglia
Life has taught us all that making plans for the future can be a futile thing. Of course, we should make some kind of plans otherwise we may never get anything done, but we should always hold these plans 'loosely' in our hands. Solomon said:

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring." - Proverbs 27:1

Jesus echoed this sentiments, albeit in a different way, when he told his followers not to worry about tomorrow.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

These are still words I am trying to put into practice in my old life, but hopefully wisdom will come with my old age :)

"I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about." - Henry Ford

"Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear." - Corrie Ten Boom

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: