Thursday 11 June 2020

The Stray Dog

Bling for dogs helps fight global problem | Cornell Chronicle

Picture a stray dog. Any stray dog.
Now, in my experience you get strays that are friendly and some that are very dangerous. I think it is the vicious stray that Solomon is speaking about today. This is what he says:

"Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears
    is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own." - Proverbs 26:17

I can just imagine how the poor dog would respond to this action - probably turn around and bite you.

My reflection on this takes me to all the news content and information on social media. I find that by having access to the 'world wide web' draws me into conversations and problems that are not mine and that I certainly can't solve. The more I read these articles and news stories the more it makes me feel down and depressed and eventually it is like 'a stray dog biting me.'

Sometimes there are quarrels that we need to speak out against and other times we should just walk away. Well, that's what I feel. What do you think?

Marie Antoinette - "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread,

And so i come to you my love my heart above my head,
Though i see the danger there;
If there's a chance for me then i don't care."

The test of a man or woman's breeding is how they behave in a quarrel. George Bernard Shaw

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: