Wednesday 7 October 2009

Your Song?


What is your song? You know what I mean - which song is the one that opens the floodgates of memories? Or the song that stirs up a million emotions? The song that you know every word of, even though it is years old? The song that gets you singing in the shower or turning the volume up on your radio or ipod?

I do have a few songs like this on my list, but the one I want to mention is Kim's and my 'Wedding Song.' We had a friend sing it for us at the Wedding Service and every time we hear it, the memories of that special day come back in waves!
The song is 'Isis' by the Goo Goo Dolls. Some of the words go:

"And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life...
...I just want you to know who I am."


I think that every time that God sees us, He wants to burst out in song. God's love for us is more dramatic than a song. He longs for us to think of him, just as we think of songs with memories.

The world gets to hear millions of songs everyday, but how many people have heard Christ's song of 'Grace?' Let's live in Grace and pass this 'song' onto a world in desperate need of a good song!

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." - Psalm 138:5

Singing about Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. - For a while, I would like to add a list of 'Your Songs' on my blog, so please let me know which songs 'speak' to you. Thanks

2 comments:

Tyron Bache said...

Long December - Counting Crows

"All at once you look across a crowded room to see the way that light attaches to a girl."

"I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass."

Quin said...

made too pretty - as cities burn

"We don't want a God we don't see in ourselves, don't see we're in need."