Saturday 10 October 2009

Inspirational


There are a few moments in our lives which we may consider to be inspirational and "potentially" life-changing. I believe I had one of these moments today!

Attending the Global Leadership Summit has been the tonic my thirsty soul has been needing for a while. To be inspired to be a great leader is a privilege and many of the speakers at the Summit 09 have done that for me.

Today, people like Dave Gibbons, Tim Keller, Dan and Chip Heath, Harvey Carey and of course Bono (from U2) all touched me in some way. It would take too long to go into their messages now, but I want to spend more time reflecting on the kernels of truth that came from these leaders.

However, I don't want to only 'reflect' on these powerful statements, I want to 'ACT'. You see, in the first sentence of this blog post, I put the word "potentially" in inverted comma's for a reason. Life can only be changed when something radical is done to us OR we choose to do something in order effect the 'life-change.'

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi

1 Samuel 10:6 - "The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person."

Growing in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: