Friday 2 October 2009

Technology Sabbath


I did it! I managed to go 8 whole days without the internet, emails and a cell-phone. I know it sounds crazy that I would be chuffed about something as silly as this, but in our new world of technological dependence I wanted to prove to myself that I am not addicted to Facebook, Twitter, SMS's and Blogging. The first few days were the hardest, but eventually I got used to it. In the end, it was a worthwhile discipline and I feel better for having taken a 'technology Sabbath.'

Mark 2:27 - Then Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

These words of Jesus are so true - we needed to be taught to rest, that's why God rested on the 7th day. When we think that we can work perpetually we border on blasphemy - we begin to think that we can 'out-create' God.

How about you? Is there something that perhaps you need to take a 'Sabbath' from? Is your Spirit craving some alone time with Christ? We need to make it happen...

Dependent on Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: