Saturday 7 August 2021

We need some more Wonder!


Perhaps we all need a little more 'Wonder' in our lives at the moment. 

You may think I have lost my mind (again), but let me explain. When Isaiah challenged the Israelites about their relationship with God he said this (Isaiah 29:13-14): The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught.


Therefore once more I will astound these people
with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."

It seems to me that God wants us to move from our rote words and worship, thinking that we have God all figured out. Our complacency moves us into a space of boredom, where we leave no room for awe and wonder.

How would God astound you at this moment in your life?

What would leave you in awe and wonder?

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: