Thursday 12 August 2021

The war within


I have mentioned before that in my daily work diary I have a quote at the bottom of each page. Sometimes these quotes are "nice", but they don't really speak to my current circumstances. Other days they strike a real chord with me and speak great words of wisdom. This is the quote for today (12 August):

"If you avoid the conflict to keep the peace you start a war inside yourself." (Unknown)

Don't you find these words to be true for you? How often have we kept the peace only to end up creating a war within ourselves. It is very hard to find a balance to speak the truth in love and to avoid conflict. 

Proverbs 15:1 - A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: