Thursday 5 August 2021

It matters


I like to do some reading around Leadership as often as I can and one of the authors I enjoy is Nancy Ortberg. She wrote a lovely book called "Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands", where she reflected on leadership with these words:

“Leadership matters. It stands at the crossroads of what we do and who we are, and that is a profound place. It requires that we shape vision and develop a plan and work hard.  It requires that we become stronger in our resilience and forgiveness and determination and love.”

This last sentence is the one that I wanted to highlight, because I believe this speaks to all of us, not just leaders. Life is teaching us that we can become stronger and more resilient. If we choose determination then I also feel we can lean more towards forgiveness and love. 

What do you think?

Ephesians 1:7 - "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace."

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: