Tuesday 4 August 2020

Dietrich Bonhoeffer prayer

                                                John 14:27 | Insights From Tom
                                                            
"In me there is darkness,
But with thee there is light,
I am lonely, but thou leavest me not.
I am feeble in heart, but thou leavest me not.
I am restless, but with thee there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with thee there is patience;
Thy ways are past understanding, but
Thou knowest the way for me." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

This prayer reminded me of a few scriptures. I am not sure which passages came to mind for you, but these are the ones I thought of. God bless you.

Matthew 28:20 - "Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

John 14:27 - “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: