Tuesday 25 August 2020

A new perspective

Car licensing fees set to increase – My Office News

I was bemoaning standing in a long queue this morning, as I waited to renew my car license, when suddenly I felt a little prompting to 'Be Thankful.' The more I thought about it, the more I realised that if I was able to renew a license that I was one of the fortunate folk who owns a car. That in itself makes me one of a small percentage of South Africans who have that privilege - about 30% of South African households own a vehichle between the members of that house. So, in the end, I waited out the rest of my 'penance' with a renewed peace and a spirit of thankfulness.  

Sometimes we just need a little prompting to change the way we see things. Perspective is a great way to change the way we see the world.

"So if you’re serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective." - Colossians 3:12 (Message)

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: