Saturday 16 May 2020

Plans may fail...

Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success ...
According to Proverbs 15, our plans are doomed to fail if we don't get wise counsel from others.

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." - Proverbs 15:22

I am so grateful for godly people in my life, who have offered me wise counsel during my seasons of tough decisions. It is true that when we ask others for help and advice, that they can steer us in the right direction. 

However, there are two things I want to add, as a way of clarifying this proverb. 

1. Even though it is important to seek counsel from many wise friends and family, we are still the ones who have to make the decisions in the end. If I follow someone's advice without truly believing it, then I am going to fall into the trap of blaming those people. 

2. If I consult too many people, I may find conflicting opinions and this can make me even more confused (just think of the President for an example of this). In seeking counsel we should place more weight on the opinions of those we trust the most. Those who love us, will want what is best for us.

What do you think?

"He that gives good advice, builds with one hand; he that gives good counsel and example, builds with both; but he that gives good admonition and bad example, builds with one hand and pulls down with the other." - Francis Bacon

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: