Tuesday 12 May 2020

Hope deferred

Proverbs 13:12 - Hope deferred makes the heart sick | Tree of life ...

How are you coping with this Covid-19 pandemic? I mean - how are you really doing?
What I am finding the most difficult is that there is no timeline - there is no end goal in mind. I think that I would be able to get my mind around each stage of Lockdown if I knew there was an end to each stage. However, for obvious reasons, there is no timeline for any of us and this is the frustrating part for me.

As I was reading through Proverbs 13 today, this is the verse that stood out for me:

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." - Proverbs 13:12

This is becoming many people's reality at the moment - our hearts are becoming 'sick' in some ways. Many people are struggling with anxiety, depression and mental health is starting to become a real issue for many citizens. Can I ask us to pray for people today who are struggling along these lines. Perhaps you even know of a friend or family member who is wrestling with this right now.

"Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around." - Eugene Peterson (The Message)

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." - Desmond Tutu

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: