Wednesday 22 May 2019

Trust, Take, Commit

Image result for Psalm 37:3-5
Much has been written on these 3 significant verses in Psalm 37.

"Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;    trust in him and he will do this:" - Psalm 37:4-6

However, I want to offer us a slightly different perspective on them today. I notice that each verse begins with a verb - a word that involves some kind of action on our behalf.  If call myself a God-follower I will need to put my faith into action. I do this by living out these 3 things:

1. Trusting in God
2. Taking delight in Christ
3. Committing my way to God

Each of Jesus' disciples needed to make a conscious decision whether they were willing to do this. There were times when some of the fringe believers drifted away because they couldn't live out these 3 things. Being a disciples of Jesus is not the easy option!

What do you think?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: