Monday 13 May 2019

A Great Mistake

Image result for Mistake
"Go to God 
With the greatest possible confidence.
It is a Great mistake
To be afraid of 
One who is so loving
And longs for your love." - St. Alphonsus Liguori

There are many people who are so afraid of God that they could never approach the Throne of Grace with any confidence. St. Alphonsus suggests that this is a 'great mistake' and in my opinion, a very sad mistake. I don't believe that my Creator wants me to be so afraid and anxious to come into His presence. Of course, I need to be respectful and honour the Lord, but this is not the same as 'being afraid.'

What do you feel about this?

Romans 8:15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: