Friday 18 January 2019

A.A.Milne and Winnie the Pooh

Image result for A.A.Milne quotes
A.A.Milne, the author of Winnie the Pooh was born on this day, the 18th January 1882. Every so often a book shapes the lives of millions of people and this is undoubtedly the case with Winnie the Pooh. Just for something different, I wanted to share a few of the famous quotes from A.A.Milne's books, many of them coming from Pooh himself.

Some people care too much - I think it is called Love. 

 If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
 
 
Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
 
 
 
 
Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave.
 
This last quote reminded me of Jesus words to his disciples when he prepared to leave this earth. He promised to be with them ALWAYS (Matthew 28:20) - even though he was ascending into heaven, he was leaving the gift of the Holy Spirit.

For all you Winnie the Pooh fans, now it is time to go and find your own favourite quotes from the books :)

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: