Tuesday 1 February 2011

The pain of spiritual growth


Spiritual growth can be painfully slow sometimes. Just when we feel we have mastered loving God, we stumble at loving our neighbour. Perhaps we have seen an improvement in our levels of compassion, and then we realise we have slipped up in another area. It all seems rather hard - or is that just me?

"Becoming like Christ is a long, slow process of growth.' - Rick Warren

"Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth." - A.W.Tozer

I believe that we should be able to encourage each other on this journey, always being willing to learn and spur one another on towards the goal. If you have found something to be helpful in your Christian journey, why don't you write it as a 'comment' on this post. Perhaps your words may inspire someone else.

What I have found helpful is having a devotional book and a journal - these two keep me accountable to my private devotions. What about you?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: