Tuesday 22 February 2011

Do you love me?


As I was putting Josh into his car seat this morning he asked me the big question:
"Do you love me daddy?"
Oh man, it was hard to be all macho when he asked this question!
"Of course I love, my boy." I replied.
He was happy with that response and then proceeded to tell me all the people he loves - which even included our crazy Labrador!

So, here's what I was thinking.
There are times in my life, when I want to ask God the same question:
"Do you love me daddy?"
I know that the answer is yes and that I can read about God's love in the Bible (or feel it in my spirit), but what I wouldn't give to hear the words clearly...
"Of course I love you, my boy!"

What are you thinking?

Luke 11:11-13 - “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

2 comments:

Pete Grassow said...

keep going in your fathering - I see you as a good father!

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks Pete. I learn from the best:)