Saturday 11 December 2010

What's in your name?


We are reminded at Christmas that Jesus' name means 'The Lord saves'(from Joshua) or 'God with us' (Immanuel). These meanings speak powerfully into our lives and offer us hope and encouragement.

But have you ever considered the meaning of your name and whether that speaks about your life? Do you live into your name or do you find there is no connection between the meaning and your life?

My name means, 'someone who comes from the sea.' I can honestly say I love the ocean and I feel more 'myself' when I am there. Does this mean anything - I am not sure?! But worth thinking about though!

Tell me what your name means - I'd love to know your story.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well to be honest I never looked it up. So from your challenge I googled it. Apparently my name means the following "From a Middle English surname meaning "a Breton", referring to an inhabitant of Brittany" So by definition I am a Pom. :)

Tried to live there once, but SA is my place to be. So I must be a Pom by name, but a South African by heart. :)

Delme Linscott said...

That's awesome Brett.
God Bless you.
Delme

Cycling Calves said...

Paul means "Small". Definitely no truth in that...

Delme Linscott said...

That's funny Paulie.
Take care now.
Delme