Wednesday 8 December 2010

Simplify


I arrived at the Church gate this afternoon and I pushed the remote to get in. Nothing happened! I tried again and still nothing happened. I was just about to get out and see why the stupid gate wasn't working when I realised I was using the wrong remote (I was using my house remote!) Boy, did I feel stupid. (Those of you who have done the same thing are still laughing with me, right?)

Here's my thoughts on this:
1. I have too many 'things' in my life. I need to simplify. Christmas can be a time for clutter and things. How do I simply? I am not 100% sure, but for starters, I guess I need to get a bigger perspective on things.

I remember how we stressed as new parents about having a doctor, gynaecologist, paediatrician, nurse and support staff for the delivery of our boys - all in a private hospital! Compare this with Jesus being born in a stinky stable, with no 'support staff' - it was just Joseph and Mary and a few animals, yet God made a plan!

2. I must be tired (or blond) trying to open a gate with a wrong remote. Truth is, sometimes we try and connect with God on our terms. We use 'our way' (remote) and when it doesn't work we keep pushing harder. All along, God waits for us to stop pushing and then he says, "Use the right remote!"

Isaiah 55:8 - “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD."

Have a blessed day and remember to simplify and use the right remote.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

2 comments:

Wessel Bentley said...

The other evening, after returning from a late night meeting, I stopped at a red traffic light, hauled out my remote and tried to change the lights. Felt very stupid! I feel your pain!

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks Wessel - It is good to know that I have some sympathy:)