Monday 20 December 2010

The danger of Sentimental!


I love Christmas, really I do. I get all sentimental and dreamy - I enjoy the decorations, lights, carols, family time and of course the birth Narratives from the Bible. However, I have come to realise that there can be a danger in being too sentimental.

The hidden danger is found in the middle of the word 'sentimental." If one looks at this word closely we will find the words "I" and "Me." If Christmas only ends up being about how I feel then I have missed the whole meaning of Christmas. Yes, Jesus' birth was for me (and you), but His birth requires me to change my outlook on life - I need to see beyond "Me" and "I" to "You" and others in our world.

But, that's me! What are your thoughts on this?

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

2 comments:

Pete Lange said...

this is so good delme -
i might just have it steal it!

Delme Linscott said...

You can use it as much as you like Pete! May it bless you and others.
Grace
Delme