Thursday 2 December 2010

Advent Prayer


We are only weeks away from Christmas and the hype is evident to all. How are you preparing for the Christmas season? Are you expecting anything from Christ this year? Are you wanting to give something special this Christmas?

I have been enjoying reading John van de Laar's advent posts in preparation for Jesus' birth. I also stumbled across a little book by Hilary McDowell called "On the way to Bethlehem." Her reflections are quite inspiring. Here is one of her prayers - may it offer us some insight into the spirit of Advent.

"Lord, please gift me with the right amount of wonder for anticipation; a healthy degree of trepidation to know I travel in the hands of a living God who can touch my yesterdays as much as my tomorrows. Lord make me expectant, make me new. Amen."

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. Thanks for the effort people are making to sign up friends/family to the blog. The race for the prize is still tight, but we will see at 12pm on the 3 December who takes the prize. If you can't sign people up don't stress:)

No comments: