Tuesday 18 May 2010

Why do we struggle with this?


Paul writes honestly about his struggle with sin in Romans 7. The expression of his struggle sometimes leaves us feeling a little tongue-tied, but he gets his point across. He knows what is right and what he should be doing, but can't always follow through with the 'right action.'

Do you feel like this sometimes? We know what we should be doing, but somehow we contrive to mess it up? I am just so grateful for the forgiveness and grace that come from Jesus. He is the Hope I need!

Romans 7:14-16 (Message) - "I can anticipate the response that is coming: "I know that all God's commands are spiritual, but I'm not. Isn't this also your experience?" Yes. I'm full of myself—after all, I've spent a long time in sin's prison. What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary."

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: