Wednesday 31 August 2022

Who is in charge?


I was getting rather stressed about today - how was I going to fit everything into the hours that I had? I felt flustered and a little out of control. My groans and prayers were on my lips as I went to sleep last night, and before I could even open my eyes this morning, I realised that God had undertaken to answer them. 

As I turned on my phone this morning, a message came through asking to postpone one of my appointments - and another message offered some help during the recording of my sermon - and one of my appointments went way better than I have thought, freeing up time for unexpected surprises and delays. While, all of this was happening, I was reminded of this ONE IMPORTANT fact:

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, by God directs our steps" - Proverbs 19:21

This left me with the humble reminder that I am not in charge - God is! Hopefully I am able to remember this lesson the next time I feel as if the edges of life are falling apart.

Can you relate to this at all?

Proverbs 19:23 - The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Any time my heart is pounding in my chest cause of stress I pray to God for guidance. It' better then yoga or any other stressrelief technique . It's just to be able to surrender to Jezus . But I still have to remind myself to do it . We are not alone.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks for the great thoughts. Yes, the Lord is with us all the time and it is good to remember that He is in charge.