Thursday 11 August 2022

Struggling with discontentment?


There are so many of us struggling with discontentment at the moment. I joked with a friend the other day, suggesting that if I could manufacture a pill that could offer people 'contentment' I would be a very rich man. 

The reality is that there is no such quick fix solution. I am discovering that contentment is a life-long process in which we have to actively decide to become more content. It sounds a little strange, but the more we wrestle with our discontent, the closer we can move towards peaceful content. 

So, what robs us of deep contentment? What stumbling blocks trip us up on the journey towards becoming content?

Here are some helpful words from the Bible, which I pray will guide us towards this illusive gift.

Job 36:11 - If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment.

Proverbs 19:23 - The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Philippians 4:11 - I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Hebrews 13:5 - Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Once you have learnt the secret of contentment please share it with others.
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: