Monday 1 August 2022

Obsessed with myself


We live in a world where we are obsessed with ourselves. This plays itself out most clearly on social media platforms, but it is also seen in other avenues. Oscar Wilde once remarked: "Come over here and sit next to me, I am dying to tell you all about myself."

The reality is that we usually steer clear of people who are self-obsessed, because we never really feel that we are valued. Perhaps one of the reasons why people were drawn to Jesus was because he took a genuine interest in their lives and well-being. Take this encounter with Zacchaeus as an example:

"When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. “Zacchaeus!” he said. “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today.” - Luke 19:5

Do you know of someone who needs to feel 'valued' today?

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: