Thursday 1 September 2022

The test of a truly great person


"I believe the first test of a truly great man (woman) is their humility. I do not mean by humility, doubt of their own power, or hesitation in speaking their opinion. But really great people have a ... feeling that the greatness is not in them but through them; that they could not do or be anything else than God made them." - John Riskin 

I think this quote is spot on. I have met a few remarkably humble people in my life, who have not needed to strut or be arrogant in any way. Their very presence has been enough to reveal Christ to others.

Of course, on the other hand, I have also met a fair share of arrogant people. It is interesting that their attitude and demeanour actually repels you, instead of drawing you in. 

Can you think of anyone who fits the description of being humble or arrogant?

James 4:10 - Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Which one are we? 

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: